Cape Analytics Establishes Advisory Board as Expansion Accelerates
Advisors include Neal Wolin, former President of The Hartford’s property-casualty insurance companies, and Luc Vincent, VP of engineering at Lyft and former head of Google’s geo-imagery organization.
Mountain View, Calif. — Today, Cape Analytics, provider of the most accurate and up-to-date structured property data for insurers and reinsurers, is announcing the formation of its advisory board. The board will support Cape Analytics’ deep focus on providing valuable data solutions to its customers, as the company continues to expand towards nationwide availability while offering a growing set of property data features.
Since its founding in 2014, Cape Analytics has maintained a rigorous focus on property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, creating a data product that improves the process of carriers underwriting new business, and reinsurers reviewing cedant portfolios. Unlike other artificial intelligence-focused companies, Cape Analytics has built a complete, vertical solution that directly feeds into carriers’ current workflows and systems. In order to do this, the company has had to leverage both world-class technical talent, as well as deep industry knowledge.
Cape Analytics’ advisory board includes experts in the insurance business and technology sectors, including:
- Rich Boyle is a prolific investor in real estate data companies and was previously the CEO of LoopNet, the leading online marketplace for commercial real estate.
- Tom Hutton is the Managing Partner of XL Innovate, a fund devoted to financing insurance technology ventures and an investor in Cape Analytics. Tom Hutton has in-depth experience creating valuable products for the insurance industry, as the founding CEO of Risk Management Solutions and board member of several large insurance and reinsurance companies, including XL Group.
- Paul VanderMarck was Chief Product Officer for Risk Management Solutions, leading the company’s product strategy and advancing their catastrophe modeling solutions.
- Luc Vincent is VP of Engineering at Lyft and the creator of Google Street View. He is currently leading Lyft’s efforts with respect to self-driving technology, and previously led Google’s entire geo-imagery organization across several imagery products, including Google Earth and Terra Bella (fka Skybox Imaging).
- Neal Wolin has deep experience in the property and casualty sector as former President and COO of the P&C companies of The Hartford and was the Deputy Secretary of the United States Treasury under President Obama.
“Cape Analytics possesses a unique combination of differentiated technology and a deep understanding of industry needs. Their capabilities and approach have enormous relevance to the insurance industry and to many other verticals. I am excited to work with them as they continue to grow,” said Neal Wolin, Advisor to Cape Analytics.
Cape Analytics’ advisory board has provided the industry expertise necessary to build a valuable product that solves complex insurance use cases and workflows. Meanwhile, on the technical side, the company has built out its own machine learning algorithms and ground-truth data, while partnering with the world’s best imagery providers, and orchestrating massive cloud compute capabilities with over 20,000 simultaneous processors.
In the last six months alone, the company has expanded from offering two property data points in Florida, to six property data points (including roof condition and characteristics, square footage measurements, and parcel features such as solar panels and pool enclosures) across the entire southeastern seaboard. Cape Analytics’ property attribute solution, now available from Texas to Washington D.C, has expanded from covering 5 million homes and 10 million distinct data points, to 15 million homes and 90 million data points.